Saturday

an accidental garden

floral accident
i have worked really hard not to let the recent mo-bash and idea thievin' effect me but i have an inklin' i have not succeeded. without realizin' it, for the first time since i started designin' doo dads for delivery via download, i have created more real doo dads than those of the digital sort. i do believe that this is because my beloved macs have felt more like enemies than my dear friends. i know it's silly to feel that way....all those cyber bullies doin' the bashin' and the artists that have stolen from me aren't INSIDE the computers...but their behavior has sure jerked away a bit o' the joy that makin' doo dads usually gives me.

while i pondered how to get my digital desire back on track, i started fashionin' a few flowers for fastenin' to my fabric creations. realizin' i had finished quite a pile of 'em, i decided i'd stick 'em around the old mirror hangin' in the doo dad den ( it used to sit on top o' my lil brother's dresser when we were growin' up). as the week wore on i made more and more flowers and continued planting 'em all 'round michael's lookin' glass. it wasn't 'til just a bit ago, when jo arrived at the den door (home from from a sizzlin' session with a sexy surgeon - actually, he only plays one on t.v. from time to time but i'm not sure she understands this) and asked me where the garden came from, that i realized i had accidently created a nice piece o' art.

it's not the best picture - i didn't have enough light and the camera was gettin' confused by the mirror... but i thought i'd plop it up here on the blog just the same in case one o' you might like to create somethin' like it. not only does it look better than in it's original form, i now have a nice place for storin' and pickin' my homemade flowers!

i'm thinkin' i'll feel like gettin' back to makin' the digital type o' doo dads tomorrow...it's hard to keep a doo dad artist down for long! plus i don't think there's any more room left on the old mirror!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite beautiful Mo...I sure hope some of those lovely flower creations start popping up on the shop shelves soon.
xoxo
JudyG

Anonymous said...

Every morning I stumble to the 'puter, coffee in hand, and first thing I check the Lil Doo Dad Shop, thinking you will have some amazing new kits, just chocked full of your mouthwatering doo dads...

Glad to hear you are getting back on track, we're going thru serious withdrawal here...

Daisy

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You HAVE been busy... either that or Mini sprinkled on a bit of her Miracle Grow on a few blossoms in this garden as well! Too bad you and Amy weren't the same person - would make shipping the next bundle of hand sewn goodies to the store soooo much easier!

Let your peepers enjoy the break away from the screen. Looking forward to the new doo dads, whenever they may arrive.

xoxo
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Mo,
Those flowers are simply gorgeous... so sorry it took you away from the digital kind, but so glad to see your gorgeous garden and looking forward to seeing them on the shelves.. your stitched flora is so beautiful and one set of doo dads we all use alot!! XO!! Christa

Anonymous said...

I do hope some of those new doo dad flowers will make their way into some spring sets for the shop. I am so envious of all the gals posting their flowers peeping out layouts in the gallery. We are still brown and dead everything around here. I can't wait for spring!

Peggy

Anonymous said...

sometimes steppin' away is the best thing to do for your soul.
all those bullies are is 0's and 1's.
xoxo
jeannie

Anonymous said...

I how I would love to have a mirror just like that! Abslutely gorgeous Mo!

xoxoxox,
Kelly

Lisa B said...

Beautiful garden Mo! Someday I will request permission to visit your shop but I refuse to do that when everything is in the midst of all the negativity posted lately because I don't read that stuff and would not want anyone to believe that it was how I found your work. So...until a later, more appropriate time, I'll just read about your adventures here on the blog.

Kris said...

Now that's a mirror I'd love to wake up and look into...surely my bead head would look more beautiful encased in Mo-style flowers!! :) Lovely, lovely work!!

Anonymous said...

That mirror is stunning! I wish I had the creativity (and the garden) to create something as gorgeous as that!! I wish you lived closer Mo!! I'd be buying flowers off of you too!

Hugs
Debra

Beth said...

just bootiful...

WendyW said...

Don't let them get you down, Mo! I've personally been itching to grab some real paper and ink myself! Real life inspires us all the time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mo! This is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you'll be sending to Amy's shop and more importantly what you'll be "planting" in your own Doodad Shop!! Whatever you design, I know we'll all love it! Think spring thoughts!! - Kathy

Anonymous said...

Mo, I'm very new to your site. And the flower mirror is beautiful.

I have to tell you I'm so tired of all the nonsense going on right now in the Digi World. It makes me want to do paper again, LOL.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

well, mo, i'm waitin to hear when the doodad den tours will begin cuz i wanna see that doodadded mirror in person!

i'm with all the other dear molandians waitin for a touch o spring here on this dark dreary wintry day. but i'm hopin to see not only beautiful mirror flowers but some (oh gosh, should i use the word for fear it will crop up in some dark garden?) MOODLE flowers too! i'm in a moodle'n mood right now and wouldn't mind some new moodles! and a spring pixie or two. so until you get your dear noodle a-moodlin, i'll be peepin in when i can! hugs n stuff, lisar

Maija said...

Just remember, Mo, YOU started it all - you have been doing doo-dads long before the recent craze for them!

I love your flowers!

robinbird said...

obviously nothing can keep your creative spirit down for long sweetie! beautiful!! i wish i was as able as you are to sit still and accomplished something so beautiful from start to finish in a week. i am so impressed with you ADD self for this creative act of self healing!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mo!
I found you. Then, I lost you. I have hunted everywhere for you. Oh, HERE you are! I sure like your "garden". Everybody talks about "doo-dad". What are they? I am marking you as a favorite so hopefully I won't "lose" you again!

September Lady