Wednesday

a new annoyance

thermostat annoyance

i am a bit annoyed at mini's daddy but not yet to the point o draggin the 'husband for sale' sign back out into the yard which is good cause i have a waitin list o friends wantin to use it. anyway, seems since he can no longer count on me to hide the fire extinguishers so he can seek em and drag em back out, his new joy is turnin the air conditioner to somethin toastier than the lower number i prefer it set to when i have the doo dad factory runnin at top speed. i bet i have set it to where i need it and he has snuck down the hall and turned it back up no less than 50 times since he realized i am no longer hidin the fire extinguishers. if this keeps up, drastic doo dad'n measures will be necessary....i will be forced to call upon my most resourceful self to perform diabolical and deceitful doins. in other words, i'll need to take a shot o the new digital thermostat display recently installed and doctor it up into a 72 or so degree decoy for the damn thing to don. it's kind dark down the hall where all this degree dealin is happenin and my doo dad'n skills should be sufficient for duplicatin the dreaded degree mini's daddy has decided to force upon the doo dad den.

in case you are thinkin of defendin mini's daddy in this dilemma due to the dour warnins from those dedicated to energy conservation and such, please don't. i work real hard to be a good citizen in the area of helpin to protect our environment and am sure i have earned a bit o cool air while performin my duties as a doo dad designer. i grew up down south - in an area proclaimed to be the most unhealthy place in america a woman could possibly live - surrounded by oil refineries with no faux air of any kind and i feel all that sweatin and misery should be counted toward my total environment protectin points.

even self-appointed global warnin guru al gore would agree after takin a look at any one o the pictures taken at one a my school functions - you know - those where you stand next to your date wearin your corsage and fancy dress? in every one o mine both me and my date are drippin wet - and it ain't from tusselin in the back seat before the picture was taken either. there's nothin like dryin off after takin a shower and feelin like you never bothered to do so. jo swears she dated the ugliest boy in town one summer just so she could ride around in his air conditioned car a couple o times a day for relief from the heat.

growin up, i never had first hand experience of a breeze - we did get some mighty strong winds durin hurricane season but i never felt any of em cause we would already be in the un-airconditioned car - with all the windows down so the mosquitos would remain blown out - headin inland toward my aunt paula's always air conditioned house before any big gusts were whipped in our direction. it wasn't until i was in my twenties and far away from texas that i learned not everyone in the world had to feel hot and sweaty year round and i really don't wanna feel that way when in the comfort o my own home sweet home. mini says that the day her daddy stops thinkin of new ways to annoy us is the day we need to worry about how much he loves us. knowin him as i do, i must admit this made a bit o sense but made me no cooler or less determined to get him to stop heatin things up.

sorry to be complainin - from what i hear it's hot just about everywhere so i hope you haven't been miserable too! i just stopped by to say - between the thermostat war and my eyes still hurtin a bit from the cinnamon toast fire extinguishin, i had to take a day off from the ol blog here but hope to be back, cool as i desire to be and peepers in fine workin order tomorrow or the next day at the latest. i even had tink model some more new duds for displayin and took some snaps o that damn squirrel and her children on their latest climb down from above the doo dad den and out into moland...so i hope to see you back here then!

14 comments:

pennyshilling said...

Mo I so hear what you saying. Whilst we are in the middle of our winter....in summer while the air con is full cranked up I try to keep all the blinds shut to help keep out the ferocious heat. The minute I move out of one room DH has the blinds and curtains wide open with the hot sun shining in. Hence I then have to shut them up tight again as soon as he has moved outta the room. We do this all day long all round the house And can you believe it (but I know you will).....at the end of the day....DH exclaims..."this house is SO HOT!! That bet that darn aircon is NOT WORKING again!!!"

Try to stay cool dear missy mo....the added stress of this will only cause to to break out in another hot sweat!

Heidi said...

I have an the same situation but in reverse here in Buffalo, Blizzard capital of the world. Right now it is 90 degrees here with no AC! Yucko!

However, my plight is in the blustery winter. DH is Scottish ( re: very thrifty or CHEAP!) and thinks we should have the house at 64 degrees with a lake effect gale force wind! NO way, Jose! I like a nice 72- 74 degree house in the winter. I work plenty hard at that nuring job and I am not about to wear 2 layers of clothes to go to bed! UGH! He has has many a hand slapping and threats of my leaving for a man with a warm house! LOL!
I think your doo-dad solution is perfect! I say you need to be as comfortable as possible to knock out the doo-dads...plus really isn't that better for all your high tech thing-a-mo-bobs to be cool?? LOL!

Keep control of that indoor weather, Mo! LOL!

MOnet said...

We are in San Diego, in a housing unit that has NO AC! We have to put in those ol swamp coolers in our window but they don't want us to do that cause they think it's ugly! I reckon if it's hot I don't give a doo daddin darn if it's pretty or not! Me and the minis are gonna get cool one way or the other!
If ya have to Mo, how's about standin watch with one of those hidden extinguishers when the house gets quite (that's when you know some dirty business is goin down!) Now give him fair warnin that you'll squeeze that trigger but don't flinch when he calls your bluff!

Tracy said...

It's so good to have you back bloggin' Mo! I love your decoy idea.... he he he. Those PS skills come in handy in so many ways.

I can't say I can fully appreciate yer situation, although we've definately had some hot weather in the last few years -- this global warning must be for real. But, I still need to put the space heater on at my doo daddin' desk to keep my tootsies warm... even in the summer. I can send you some mason jars full of cool Alberta air -- I just hope the Customs guys don't open them!

Stay cool and keep the doo dads flowin'!

xoxoxoox

Ruthann Jagge said...

ABSOLUTELY agree and hear you loud and clear! Mr. Mo needs to leave those doodadin' dictators of the air conditioning alone! Here is So. Texas it's so steamy I can't get my "Vamp" nail polish to dry and Mike also thinks our thermostats are "subject to his domain..." I too have threatened him with dire consequences!
Try and Stay cool and know we are sending balmy-breezes and good thoughts your way! Ruthann

Jan said...

Oh, I even have a little fan on next to my computer desk, because I just can't keep it cool enough. 'Course, I've always been a touch overheated (and always too cold in the winter) -- seems that my internal thermostat just doesn't know how to operate properly, and it never has. One of my mother's favorite stories is that the nurses in the hospital nursery got such a kick out of me after I was born, 'cause all the other babies were content to be swaddled in their little hats and blankies, and I wouldn't lie still until I could tear the darn things off and cool down some.
When the doctor finally diagnosed my bipolar II (or III, or IV, or whatever category it ends up being) a few years ago, I started doing some more research, and I found out some interesting things. It seems that researchers have discovered that bipolar individuals have all kinds of symptomatic quirks linked to their circadian rhythms -- including body temperature. Many don't run a normal body temperature at all. But most don't follow the nightly rhythm of body temperature displayed by "normal" (and I use that term loosely) individuals. Their body temperature hits a low at a certain, rather uniform time. Bipolars don't.
I'm telling you this because you've told us about your ADD, and I know there's some general connections among all of these affective disorders. I haven't specifically read about temperature issues also occurring in ADD, but I haven't looked for it. But it also wouldn't surprise me, especially because of some of the common sleep issues, too, like many bipolar have (including me).
So there -- you just need a note from the doctor!! lol!! Or a doodad disguise (I do like that solution!). Or one of my small fans (which helps on the very hottest days)! ;-)
Keep your cool!

Jodi said...

Mo, I need one of those faux displays. My husband can hotter weather than anyone I know. He has jogged in 120 heat in the middle east durning a business trip. I agree with you, the cooler the better. Who knew you have to check temperature temperments before gettin' hitched. Be sure to tell Mini that one when she finds that Someone Special one day.

Jodi
jsher

Kpbrutcher of A Digi Memory said...

I am of the mindset that staying cool keeps you from aging as fast. Thinnk about it, you put food in the frig to make it keep longer, only makes sense that you keep longer too if you're cooled off. ;) My husband refers to our house as the cryo chamber. I have to have it cool to sleep and to work during the day.

ejj said...

Dear Mo, I can identify with you on the thermostat thing. When I was a kid, my mother had our den couches upholstered in naughahyde (a fancy word for vinyl). We had no a/c, and sitting on the couch meant having to peel yourself off in order to get up!

Anonymous said...

Well, you ain't gonna believe it, but I took the kids for swimmin' lessons yesterday and we actually felt a bit cold in the water here in Houston. Never mind that the thermometer in the car said 107 degrees. Sometimes I have to just open up the refrigerator and stand in front of it, and imagine there's a glacier meltin' because o that. So you go doo dad up that thermostat, Mo, you deserve yourself a good cool down, and God only knows what could happen if Jo's Aquanetted hair got too hot--there might not be enough fire extinguishers for that kind of situation! p.s. The oil refineries still are awful stinky, but the kids get a real kick out of seeing the flames at the top o the stacks. They seem to think it's some kind of manufactory fireworks or something.

Pam Tatge (wings) said...

Well, you ain't gonna believe it, but I took the kids for swimmin' lessons yesterday and we actually felt a bit cold in the water here in Houston. Never mind that the thermometer in the car said 107 degrees. Sometimes I have to just open up the refrigerator and stand in front of it, and imagine there's a glacier meltin' because o that. So you go doo dad up that thermostat, Mo, you deserve yourself a good cool down, and God only knows what could happen if Jo's Aquanetted hair got too hot--there might not be enough fire extinguishers for that kind of situation! p.s. The oil refineries still are awful stinky, but the kids get a real kick out of seeing the flames at the top o the stacks. They seem to think it's some kind of manufactory fireworks or something.

Missy Judy said...

What is it with husbands? Are they trying to drive us crazy?

Mine said in June, "I don't think we will turn on the air conditioners this summer so we can save money". I said, "Fine, if I have to give up air conditioning to save money then you can give up playing golf twice a week to save money".

The air conditioners are running really well.......LOL

Missy Judy

Anonymous said...

Lock him out. You can always put on something, but when you're down to nuthin. Well, you understand.....Nananana

terily said...

Girl, I hope you are staying cool enough for us down here in Texas!! It finally let up for about 20 min the last day or so, but I soooo feel your pain! It's hotter than a ... well, I can't really say on here, now can I??