Thursday

mason & me

mason
i use mason jars for storin just about everything and ever since jo and mini's daddy's party, find em my favorite vessel for the blooms from my garden. they are cheap and work well for someone like me....a pig who needs to see everything or else i forget i have it but at the same time i want everything to be neat and in it's proper place all the time. i like the wide mouthed ones best as the other ones are really too small to cram my hand into. i screw on the brass lid but leave the tops off cause i'd never take the whole thing off to get stuff out and certainly not to put things back.

they are great in case of last minute gift givin emergencies too cause i can just load one up with anything that looks nice and tie a ribbon around the top and i end up with a pretty lil present! one year mini and i filled batches of wm up with hot chocolate mix ans gave em as presents from old saint nick and we always use em for valentine's day - filled with conversation hearts. we use em often filled with sand and candles, all up the driveway or with wire wrapped around the mouths and hung from the trees. and of course they get worked really hard in the kitchen and pantry! in the doo dad den, where i have over a hundred stocked with doo dads of all sorts - visitors find studyin the contents quite entertainin...i must admit i like sittin and lookin at em from across the room myself! if you don't have any of these lil jewels be sure to pick some up next time you are passin by the hardware store - you can get a case of for nearly nothin and i am pretty sure you'll find more uses for em than you can imagine. i do believe they are just about the most versatile item i can think of!

12 comments:

RosieB said...

I love the idea of mason jars, and I think I will copy your idea of leaving the top off for easy access - I just realised I have a huge boxful stashed away until such time as I feel domestic which is going to be no time soon!! so I will put them to better use

I have a big problem seeing your pics - I log onto flickr with my yahoo id and it logs me in but says I dont have permission to view the pics as they are private. anyone have any ideas about what I can do to get a look at those stockings please??? TIA

clarice said...

I agree they are the best containers around. The uses are endless !! Clarice

Janna said...

I love Mason jars too!!!
I love looking at all of your dod dads in them.
Miss ya MO~

Robin said...

oh dear me.....i am a non-mason jar type pig myself...i found out the hard way that when i start collectin' mason jars for storin' things then i end up with.....well....oodles of mason jars all stacked up and crashin' together and full of spiders and things...not as you say pretty little sparkly things. for the life of me every time i try to organize according to some tried and true method i just go....blank....."now what was it i was supposed to put in these things anyway..."
XOXOXOXOX
p,s' these sure do look pretty miss m!

Kpbrutcher of A Digi Memory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kpbrutcher of A Digi Memory said...

For someone who claims to be a pig, it certainly all looks organized to me! lol If you want to know what a real pig does, just open one of my closets here at home. Just move quickly out of the way or wear a hard hat!

ejj said...

This looks like such a fabulous idea--unfortunately, I'm probably too disorganized--unless I can get a giant mason jar and just cram my entire study into it....

RosieB said...

I solved the problem of not being able to see the pics (my post above!) - I was looking in on an old pc that I'm updating for someone and I needed to adjust the settings - the stockings are beautiful! I love mason jars too, got over 30 laying around here and didnt know what to do with them since I finished making pickles and jams.

Jess said...

I love mason jars, your right they are so useful. I am going to actually write that down for my dream craft room. mason jars for storage!

Anonymous said...

I love all your doo dads you make but can't work out how to get into your site to purchase them, I can only get to the opening page, where do you purchase them from?? Please help
Leonie

Tracy said...

Well, you know I'm a big fan of Masons of all types... :) I've got some lined up in my sewing/craft room with vintage photos in them. I think I'll have to move a few out here to my doo daddin' station! xo :)

Connie said...

I'd never thought about the mason jar storage idea. I love it!